Dubai has a history of investing in its future and developing the infrastructure required to fuel the continued growth and diversification of its economy. Dubai World Central [DWC] is the continuation of this visionary legacy.
An integrated master plan designed around the aerotropolis concept [airport city], DWC is a forward-looking development that is providing the economic platform for businesses to take advantage of dynamic markets and opportunities, with lands that have been designated to create a self-sustained economic zone to support a multitude of activities including logistics, aviation, commercial, exhibition, humanitarian, residential and leisure related businesses around a world-class airport.
DWC is geared towards fast-cycle logistics and aviation industries, it works closely with government agencies and authorities to streamline start-up procedures, simplify operations requirements and foster a business-friendly environment for entrepreneurs and businesses to stay ahead of the competition.
- Direct access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Location of the Expo 2020
- Connected to Jebel Ali Port via the custom-bonded Logistics Corridor greatly reduces time on the ground
- Multimodal logistics platform with great access to the trans-emirate road networks and future rail network
- Warehouses, offices, retail, commercial buildings and landslide & airside plots available with infrastructure in place
Free Zone Incentives Offered
- State of the art facilities
- 100% tax free
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% corporate tax exemption
- Varity of license activities
- Flexible commercial lease terms
- Competitive rates
- Fitted-out and shell & offices
- Serviced desks & offices for SME’s and start up
Types of Registration
Any corporate entity (i.e. a company), association, partnership or natural legal person (i.e. an individual) or any combination of the foregoing may apply to register a Free Zone Enterprise.
All Free Zone Enterprises will be registered as one of the following:
- As a Dubai World Central limited liability company with the designation DWC-LLC for newly-established company
- As a Branch of a company/organization registered and existing outside of the DWC Free Zone (i.e. branch of an overseas company/organization or a branch of a UAE registered company)
Free Zone Licenses
Various categories of license are available for Free Zone Enterprises operation within Dubai Logistics City [DLC] or Aviation City.
Categories of License within Dubai Logistics City [DLC]
The categories of License available within DLC are as follows:
1. Logistics License
Allows the holder to carry out specified logistics services (e.g. storage, transportation, distribution, sorting, forwarding and clearing activities, order management, inventory management etc.). The license holder will be able to pick up and deliver (but not sell) products within the UAE.
2. Industrial License
Allows the holder to carry out specified light manufacturing activity (e.g. blending, mixing, purifying, assembling, forming, repacking, or wrapping of products) by utilizing hand labour or quiet machinery in a manner which does not produce smoke, gas fumes, hear, light or other effects which may cause a disturbance or nuisance to others. Industrial Licenses will not be issued without proof that an Environmental Impact Assessment for the project has been carried out and approved by Dubai Municipality.
3. Trading License
Allows the holder to import, export, sell, distribute and store items in the License. However, Free Zone Enterprises holding a Trading License may only sell completed products in the UAE market through a local distributor or a commercial agent which is properly registered in the UAE.
4. Service License
Allows the holder to carry out services specified in the License within the DWC Free Zone and elsewhere in the UAE (although additional local licenses may be required in some Emirates). Service Licenses are issued to Free Zone Enterprises supporting the logistics industry and will include services such as consulting, software, training, repair, catering, insurance, and human resources services.
Categories of License within Aviation City
Free Zone Enterprises operating within Aviation City may hold all categories of license as described in the Categories of License within Dubai Logistics City [DLC] except for a Logistics License.
If an applicant’s proposed business model spans more than one (or overlaps any) of the categories set out above, the applicant is advised to apply for separate license (e.g. an applicant who wishes to carry out both trading an manufacturing should apply for two Licenses – one for the trading activity and the other one for the manufacturing activity).
The following are the variety of office solutions offered by Dubai World Central [DWC]:
Premium Business Park
From aviation and logistics to support services and general business establishments, the Business Park, situated at the entrance of DWC, offers first-rate commercial buildings and offices that are centrally situated in what will become Dubai’s leading center of commerce.
The following are the features of the DWC Business Park:
- Flexible commercial lease terms and availability of Free Zone and non-Free Zone trade licenses
- Ideal venue for long-term business growth
- Technological amenities
- Advantageous car parking ratios
- Fitted-out offices are for lease at DWC which rental cost starts from AED 1,100/sqm up to AED 1,700/sqm. Size of fitted-out offices ranges from 60-90sqm and 120sqm & above (subject to availability). The rental cost for 60-90sqm office space starts from AED 1,700/sqm and is inclusive of service charge, electricity/water, and district cooling; while the rental cost for 120sqm & above office space starts from AED 1,100/sqm and is exclusive of the service charge of AED 175/sqm, electricity/water, and district cooling. A 10% security deposit based on the annual lease amount is required. The abovementioned fees exclude internet package fees.
- Shell and core offices that can be configured to client’s specification can be leased at DWC which rental cost starts from AED 800/sqm with a service charge of AED 175/sqm. Size of shell and core offices ranges from 120-4,000sqm and above (subject to availability). A 5% security deposit based on the annual lease amount is required. The abovementioned fees exclude electricity, district cooling, and internet package fees.
Business Center [DWCBC]
DWCBC is designed for clients who need access to office space and business service whenever needed, strategically located in the Head Quarter building of Dubai World Central.
The following are the features of the DWCBC:
- Well suited to small and medium enterprises
- Guest reception service
- Meeting rooms
- Cost effective
- Business services
- Lounge area